23 Feb FANUC ZDT (Zero Down Time) and IIoT
FANUC ZDT (Zero Down Time) and IIoT
The Fourth Industrial Revolution (or Industry 4.0) is the ongoing automation of traditional manufacturing and industrial practices, using modern smart technology. Large-scale machine-to-machine communication (M2M) and the internet of things (IoT) are integrated for increased automation, improved communication and self-monitoring, and production of smart machines that can analyze and diagnose issues without the need for human intervention.
FANUC’s latest feature, bringing them to the forefront of IIoT amongst industrial robot manufacturers, is ZDT (Zero Down Time). Launched in 2015 (in collaboration with Cisco), ZDT is a predictive analytic service that identifies potential failures so customers can schedule maintenance and repairs, avoiding unexpected breakdowns during production. ZDT received a General Motors Innovation Award in 2016.
ZDT is available for all FANUC R-30iB Plus robots as well as R-30iA and R-30iB robots with the latest software version. ZDT monitors the robot’s mechanical health, controller and process equipment controlled by the robot. A ZDT Data Collector located inside a customer’s plant securely transfers messages from FANUC robots to FANUC’s ZDT Data Center in the cloud. At that point, FANUC’s analytic programs review the data in the cloud for potential issues. If there is an issue, ZDT automatically notifies FANUC’s service team and the customer with recommended actions to confirm and correct the issue.
ZDT Customer Benefits
- Automatically monitors robot health status and upcoming maintenance requirements, tracks changes to robot programs, etc., eliminating the need for manual analysis and tracking
- Eliminates unexpected downtime and avoids lost profits
- Maximizes throughput
- Optimizes maintenance costs
- Increases robot’s mechanical life expectancy
- Easily monitor and support operations from anywhere in the world with remote access to robot health and status information via the ZDT Web Portal
What does it mean to be a FANUC ASI (Authorized System Integrator)
What you can expect when working with Pioneer Industrial Systems: Read More!