Pioneer Industrial Systems is a growing company that designs, builds, and supports industrial automation. We are looking for a motivated engineer that has experience in designing PLC, robotic and HMI programs for industrial automation systems. Up to 25% travel is required for service calls, start-up, as well as commissioning of automated equipment at customer facilities.
Candidates should possess a sense of ownership and pride in their work, a willingness to work as part of a team as well as on their own, and the ability to problem-solve and think critically.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conceptualize and design machine controls including writing PLC, robotic and HMI programs from scratch. Integrating with other components such as vision systems, drives, recipe management systems, Level 2 database systems, etc.
- Perform safety risk analysis and safety circuit integration, Solutions range from hard-wired safety circuits to Guard Logix Safety PLCs.
- Integrate, setup, and configure vision systems to perform part recognition, part position, robot guidance, and quality inspections. Prevalent vision systems used are Fanuc 2D and 3D iR Vision, Keyence, and Cognex.
- Design and setup Ethernet, Profibus, Profinet networks for communication to internal cell components, as well as external databases and level 2 plant systems.
- Experience configuring and programming Allen Bradley ControlLogix and CompactLogix PLCs. Siemens and Beckhoff programming experience a plus.
- Fanuc robot experience is a plus.
- Ability to read electrical schematics.
- Interface with customers to understand their needs and provide assistance in solving customer issues. This support is done both remotely and onsite.
- Produce documentation on the operation of the automated equipment.
- Start-up equipment on-site at the customer facility, provide training, and service support.
Desired Education and Experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience and Associate Degree required; preferably related to automation, robotics, or manufacturing
- Experience with FANUC robots and controllers
- Experience with PLC programming, Allen Bradley/Rockwell Logix, and/or Siemens
- A solid understanding of Electrical and Mechanical systems as they pertain to automated machinery.
- Possess organizational skills, maintain a neat and organized work environment, track project timing, and cost to project plan.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours and overtime on an as-needed basis
- Competitive Salary
- Group Health Insurance
- Company-Paid Life Insurance
- Supplemental Dental and Vision
- Supplemental disability insurance
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- 401(k) Plan with partial company match
- Bonus paid for travel
- Paid Training Opportunities
- Ability to work from either location;
- Design & Build facility located in Pioneer, OH
- Engineering Office located in Holland, OH
Pioneer Industrial Systems designs and builds turnkey robotic systems, which provide our customers with less headaches and higher profits. Our vision is developing people to grow our company, which will proudly provide for generations. We are a family-owned business with an excellent team and a strong focus on our company culture. Using the EOS process, we have a clear plan for strategic growth as well as a firm definition of our company culture. We hire, discipline, reward, and fire around our core values: Ethical, Innovative, Optimistic, Goal Driven, Team Player, and Accountable.
Please send your resume and/or cover letter to email@example.com, and be sure to identify which position and location you are applying for.